Saturday, September 26, 2015

All-American Breakfast Month



This is a new find...for me at least. The addiction level is really high so prepare yourself. You start off with a grilled cheese sandwich. After it's cooked you move the sandwich onto a plate where, using a glass or cookie cutter, you punch a hole in the center. Put the grilled cheese sandwich back into the pan and crack a egg right in the hole you just made. Cook until the yolk is how you like it. 

My only problem with this is that my egg always gets stuck while I'm trying to flip it. That is only a menial problem though and totally worth the outcome. A friend suggested slipping a little sliver of butter in the hole before adding the egg. I gotta try that one.

PS - Don't throw out the circle of grilled cheese goodness you punched out!! That can be used as a dipper for the egg or to just savor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment